Content Update 1 is now live! We’ve included a heap of new items, characters, creatures and vehicles, as well as 2 new biomes and an additional brick for the building palette! Also, as promised, caves networks can now be found in new worlds!
We’ve also made some technical improvements including adding a Windowed mode, more Graphics options, and improved performance.
Here are the full patch notes;
– Resolved an issue where certain PC account types could not launch the game.
– Crash fixes for 32bit OS.
– Fixed a rare crash instance when pressing the windows key.
– Fix for “Save slot” selection issue encountered by certain users.
– Fix for game hangs caused by terrain editing tools.
– Fixed a crash in the terrain copying tool.
– Resolved an issue with DX11 performance.
– Resolved an issue where Alt-Tabbing out of the game caused the camera controls to break.
– Resolved an issue where calling up the Steam Overlay would break camera controls.
– Resolved graphical issues caused by resolution changes.
– Fix to prevent and deal with corrupt world data that was manifesting as “black towers”.
– Windowed mode (resizable).
– Cave systems.
– Custom settings supported, and “Landscape Settings” added for more control and choices for performance vs quality on your system.
– A Delete World button on the front end.
– A crosshair in the editing tools to show the camera pivot point in editing tools.
– Holding either ‘-‘ key turns off the GUI to help with screenshots. Known issue – causes a flicker on the front end when typing!
– Tooltips added to all bricks, colours and materials in the editing tools.
– Gameplay camera zoom on mouse wheel or pad triggers.
– Dynamic “cut-away” in Brick Building to allow both close work and editing in caves and interiors if zoomed out.
– An inverted corner piece added to Brick Building.
– Camera no longer collides with props – only landscape will ‘correct’ the camera.
– Fixed an issue where users could get stuck opening chests as certain character types.
– Resolved certain cases where the GUI roller would stay rolled out when moving.
– Fixed the vertical alignment of certain font characters.
– New biome discoveries are now called out by name.
– Mole Machine vehicles no longer behave erratically on water.
– Fixed various instances of text fields not locking out keyboard commands correctly.
– Fixed certain control information text not displaying in the info box.
– Fixed an issue whereby the certain flying creatures would behave unusually if certain button sequences were pressed.
– Fixed a problem with one of the camel idle animations.
– Fixed a problem with GUI icons caused by sudden removal of controllers.
– Fixed a camera issue caused by skydiving in certain contexts.
– Tweaks to terrain editing tools to make them work better in certain contexts.
– Studs & hearts are now permanently displayed during gameplay, in a better position.
– Tooltips are now appear more responsively as you pass the pointer over icons.
– Improved scrolling in GUI grids.
The game should update automatically, but if not then you may need to force Steam to pull the update down. To do this, right click on the game name in the Library, and select properties. From here, click on Local Files, then select ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’. This will perform the update for you.
Also, for those of you who have set your launch options to –dx9, don’t forget to remove this line to launch back into the DX11 version!